Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Calm After the Mini Storm in My Head

I feel much better about the work situation now.  Maybe because some time has passed.  Maybe because I took a step back and realized what is really important.  The evening after my last post I had a moment of clarity and reexamined things.  I thought about my stepdad, my friend who passed away and what I really want out of life and realized that there are a lot worse things than getting a new boss.  Almost immediately my stomach butterflies and my mind settled.  Yes, I'm still a little bothered by how no one called me, but I guess I'm mostly over it now.  As I've gotten older I've been able to mentally take a step back and get a hold of myself better.  After I've thoroughly freaked out about it though, haha.

I also was texting with my new boss this morning.  She was asking when I was coming back to work and about some scheduling things.  I told her I was fine with whatever but that I'd like to keep my normal day off.  She said she didn't want to change my days, but was just making sure that I was coming back because she needs me.  She said they just threw her in to sink or swim, and I guess she's not getting much guidance in her new role.  I reassured her that she'll swim, and it hit me that I really do want to help her do well in her new position.

I guess I feel a little reassured that I am still valued there, at least by her.  It seems like she's trying and doesn't want there to be any friction between us.  I appreciate that.  I still don't know how the higher ups feel, but they're not the ones I share a desk with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment