Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Party

Saturday night we went to a work Christmas party for the husband and the roommate. The husband had a bad day at work that morning and wasn’t sure he even really wanted to go. We decided to make a quick appearance though just so he’d be seen, so we got all dolled up and headed over. The four restaurants closed early at nine, which is when the party started. Knowing no one would be there at nine (didn’t they figure in clean-up time and that people would want to shower and change after work?), we arrived around 10:45 and stayed a little over an hour or so. The chef they work for has four restaurants, so there were a lot of people there. It was pretty nice and very festively decorated. There was good food and free drinks. Some guy younger than me called me sweetheart… blech.

I saw a famous movie star, and she was sneaking a smoke inside listening to the band. I can’t figure out why she would want to go to a small town work Christmas party though. I guess she lives around town because the roommate has seen her at a local bar before. Maybe she was invited by a friend. Maybe celebrities flock together… I guess the chef could be considered a celebrity in the cooking world.

I was more preoccupied with how all the women there were in teeny tiny miniskirt dresses, and how I was one of only two or three wearing pants. Dress pants, but still. They all looked to be really early twenty-somethings with teeny tiny little bodies, so why not I guess. But I wouldn’t have worn something like that even if I’d had a body similar to theirs when I was that age. I did flaunt (well, a little) what I do have to work with now which is huge boobs (thanks to the damn birth control), which make for nice cleavage. Most of their skimpy dresses were conservative in the chest area, so I got to show them up there. Ha, take that, little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment