Friday, June 8, 2012

How do you not piss off a teenager?

I pissed a co-worker off yesterday.  She's 17... that should about sum it up.  I called her out on the attitude she swears she doesn't have but that tends to come out every single day.  She's a sweet girl mostly, so I hadn't said anything for over a year and just couldn't hold it in anymore.  Everyone's usually all, "Oh, that's just her.  She's just a teenager."  The stuff she gets away with because of that!  Just because you're a teenager doesn't give you the right to disregard the simplest of common courtesy.  Especially at work.

I waited until no one was around, but I should have waited until I had calmed down some more.  I came off more confrontational than I should have and probably could have been more effective had I not been.  I'm never like that, and it bothered me all night.  I'm not sure if I was upset because I hurt her feelings or if I was upset with myself for getting that way.  I'm trying to let it go now.  What's done is done, and I can't change it.  Maybe we can both learn from it.

On a lighter note, the boyfriend met the parents last weekend.  He was really nervous and quiet, but they liked him a lot.  I met his mother the weekend before that, which also went pretty well.  She seems like a sweet lady.  He and I are still pretty stoked to be moving in together.  I'm over at his place pretty much all the time anyway, and I hate leaving every night.  I really miss spending time with my pets too, so two birds, one stone.  He's excited to be having a dog again and has all sorts of walking plans.

Come on end of the month!  Wow... moving in three weeks.  I really should start packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment