Sunday, January 27, 2013

I want to buy a house.

This is the one I've been eying recently...




103 years old with hardwood floors, a claw foot tub and updated wiring and plumbing.  Beautiful and in my price range because of a motivated seller.  I hope it's still available in a few months.  Realistically, it's probably not a good buy for me right now because of how old it really is and the maintenance costs it would have.  But I'm not going to buy another house unless it's one that I know I'd want to stay in for a long time, and this is the kind of house I want... old and charming.  I could buy a newer house, but I know I wouldn't be happy in it, and what's the point of that?

I'm so tired of renting.  Knowing I'll be moving again this summer and previously planning on renting once more, I've been saving up for that security deposit, pet deposit and first month's rent, which absolutely disgusts me because I know two of those three I will never see again.  I feel like I'm just throwing money away!  Why not put it all towards the lovely house you see above?  We'll see in June I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment