Friday, July 12, 2013

Step Back!

It seems like it's still one thing after another with no break.  People keep interfering and making me feel like crap.  They have good intentions and are just trying to help but they're not.  

One young guy at work is asking about my dating life and telling me I should get out more.  But don't do to a bar because he only goes there for one thing.  I should go to The YMCA... a lot of people meet there.  What?!  Shut the fuck up, guy!  Didn't I just tell you I don't really want to date yet?  You're a twenty something player and you really think I'm going to listen to your advice?

My roommate invites me out to hang with her friends an hour away and kinda makes me feel bad when I say no.  I gotta work tomorrow and don't feel like driving two hours round trip to hang out with a bunch of people I don't know.  Unlike you, I can't make friends with everyone I meet, and watching you have a good time while I nurse a beer and attempt to not look like I feel awkward does not sound like a good time to me.  It's not your responsibility to get me out of my shell.  I'm going through a rough spot and will venture out when I feel up for it.

Recently I asked my sister to take down a pic of me she had just posted on FB because it was not flattering at all.  Last night she emails me a story of a lady who calls herself fat in front of her daughter and allows her husband to comment negatively on her weight, which leads to the daughter having a bad self image.  She attached a note about how important positive body image is "for ourselves and our children".  First off, I would not ever say anything like that in front of a daughter and I would never allow a man to talk to me like that, much less in front of my children.  Secondly, who really wants an unflattering picture of themselves on FB for all to see?  So back off!  I'm not happy with my weight and am self-conscious, but I'm working on it.  I'm sorry I'm not as confident as you and don't want to strut down the beach in a bikini with my belly flopping all about like you do.

This next one isn't personal but it aggravates me.  My boss is considering hiring a pregnant lady.  She just got married and they just found out about the pregnancy.  She's qualified, but it's a very physically demanding position.  It's being on your feet all day, bending, lifting, handling huge dogs and chemicals constantly.  She wouldn't be able to work with the cats.  If it were me, I would be terrified to potentially injure myself and/or the little life I'd be growing in a position like that.  It just doesn't seem smart.  I really don't want to come to work every day to see her belly getting bigger.

All this in the past 36 hours.  I just want to yell and scream sometimes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment