Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Space Filler

Today's been good!  Got to sleep in and relax this morning.  The roommate had a fella visiting from across the country the past few days.  He and I visited her at work today (she's a server and at very nice restaurant, and he treated me to lunch!) and then I took him to the airport so he could reluctantly fly home.  He's quite smitten with my roommate.  After that I was supposed to go shopping with a friend to help her pick out jewelry that compliments her gorgeous dress for the Marine Corps ball, but she was sick, so I went back home and took a nap.  What a bum I am.

Now I'm about to drag out my luggage for my trip Friday.  Visiting a "sister" and her hubs in Raleigh that night, then to Charlotte for a concert and visiting another "sister" and her hubs and baby over the weekend.  Back to Raleigh for Monday night, then home Tuesday for relaxing the rest of my week of vacation!

My local "sister" is due to have her baby any time now, and I'm hoping the little one will wait until I'm back home.  You know, because that fits my schedule better.  I told her if she goes into labor Saturday, I will probably have been drinking and will have to wait a few hours before I can head back.  I'd really hate to miss that concert (I've been wanting to see this guy for years!), but I would for her.  If the baby waits until after I go back to work, that could be tricky too.  I'll be on call for jury duty about an hour away for two weeks starting the week after vaca.  Fun.  So yeah, I hope the baby makes her appearance sometime from next Tuesday to Sunday.  But no pressure.

The boy and I are still perfect.  We hung out this weekend and had a great time.  He's puppy sitting while I'm away, and I'm taking my pooch over to his place tomorrow evening.  I get so excited to see him.  We text and talk every day, and every time something funny or interesting happens I want to tell him right away.  I'm pretty smitten with him.

That's all for now.  Hoping this weekend will give me more to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment