Saturday, December 28, 2013

End of the Year Post

Hello there!  Hope you all had joyful holidays.  Mine was pretty decent!  I made out like a bandit at Christmas and feel very spoiled... I'm typing from my new computer right now.  The boyfriend didn't propose, but he did ask my ring size the other night... eek!  I showed him a picture of what I want a couple of months ago, but he'd been drinking some, so I worked another picture into the series of texts kind of jokingly.  He ended them by saying that when the day comes he'll try his best.  You can't ask a girl her ring size then say "Well, when the day comes"!!  The romantic in me is hoping he's just trying to throw me off and will actually propose on New Year's Eve.  We'll see!

The roommate left yesterday.  Her husband surprised her Christmas night by calling her from the local airport.  He hadn't been due in until the 26th, but wanted to be a late evening gift.  They packed up a trailer full of her stuff Thursday night, which is when we said our goodbyes before bed.  Then she had to freakin show up at my work yesterday, coffee in hand like she's done so many times before.  I was so hoping she wouldn't do that, because of course I cried and once I start I can't stop, and everything made me cry the rest of the day.  Damn her.

I ended up having to leave early yesterday anyway because of my back.  I've had this nerve pain for a few months now that was horrible yesterday.  Not sure if it's the sciatic nerve or what, but it's most painful in my lower back and shoots down my leg.  It's normally a little painful almost every day, but it was the worst it's ever been yesterday.  I could barely walk or move.  The drive home was fun.

So, I have the house to myself now.  It's very quiet.  The pooch has actually been at the boyfriend's house since Wednesday.  I figured it would make all the packing and loading of the trailer easier for the roommate if he wasn't there barking his head off the whole time.  Then I didn't pick him up as scheduled last night because I hurt too much to drive.  It's lonely without my puppy, but the cat has enjoyed it.  I usually stay at the boyfriend's house every Saturday night, but he'll be staying here for the first time tonight!!  I can't wait.  (Finally get to have sex in my new house!!  hehe)  He'll bring my pup back and bring his too, so it'll be a full house once again for a little bit.  I can't wait for him to move in, but I will thoroughly enjoy having the place all to myself for a bit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment