Friday, December 20, 2013

I'm a Grump

I've been in a bad mood most of this week.  Work has sucked.  One of our main girls has been out a couple of weeks now... she's in rehab somewhere for pills and will be at least until the end of the month.  Who knows if she'll even come back when she gets out?  I really hope she gets better, but this couldn't have come at a worse time of year.  This is our busiest time, and now we've only got three teenagers doing things in the back now.  Drama, drama.  My boss has been out sick, so I've been working long hours with no lunch breaks because there's no one else to cover.  Grouchy clients to boot.  Grrr...  So happy I'm off tomorrow.

On my day off earlier this week I was just in a bad mood from the get go.  Had what was supposed to be lunch with the boyfriend at 4:30 at a restaurant we both love that just opened up a month or so ago.  One of the worst services I've had anywhere, and the food really wasn't that great.  Maybe we'll give it another month or two.

No matter what I say to just about anyone lately... I'm wrong.  When I do something for someone... I did it wrong.   Even when I'm right, I know I'm right and I have proof to back me up... I'm still wrong.  I've just stopped talking to people because I'm tired of being wrong.

I had three packages magically disappear from my doorstep Wednesday.  I don't know if they were actually stolen or possibly delivered to the wrong house, but they're gone.  Three different Christmas presents.  Two are being replaced by the wonderful sellers they came from, but one I'm still not sure about.  I've never had a problem with packages being stolen before and I really hope that wasn't the case.  I feel pretty safe in this neighborhood... the drug dealer and his clients have never caused me any problems, and the questionable looking people who walk down the street off of my little nook have never really ventured into the nook.  Yes, all those people are here in my neighborhood, but I've never had cause to not feel safe.  Hopefully that's still the case.

Some good things...
- The roommate did get married and actually moves across the country to be with her husband a week from today.
- I'll have the house to myself.  No more fruit flies from her leaving food all over the place.
- I'm pretty excited for Christmas.  I actually made a few of the gifts and I'm most excited about them.
- I keep hoping the boyfriend will officially propose on Christmas... he probably won't, but a girl can dream, haha.
- In March I'll be attending the Million Woman March for Endometriosis in Washington, DC.  It's a worldwide event to raise awareness happening at the same time in dozens of country capitals.  I think it's going to be an amazing experience, and I absolutely cannot wait for it.

If I don't make it back here before Christmas, I hope it, or whatever you celebrate, is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment