Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow 'n Stuff

It's been a weird week!  The afternoon after I last wrote, I was struck down with the freakin flu.  It was not pleasant, and I was miserable for quite a few days.  I missed two days of work last week, but I'm lucky that I have a job where that's not such a big deal.  I was in bed for five days straight and am still feeling a little funky.  Mostly better though.

I'm missing even more work this week because of snow!  We left early yesterday because of bad conditions and had several inches of sleet on the ground before it even started snowing.  Woke up this morning to several inches of the actual fluffy stuff on top of all the ice.  I made it into work for a couple of hours but was the only one, and who knows what will happen tomorrow.  My boss is of the wait and see mentality.  I know I can get in, but everyone else lives a lot farther away and can't.  I hate missing so much work!  This next check is not gonna be good.

But, I did get to play in the snow with the pup today, and we had a great time.




He absolutely loves it.  He runs and snarks and tries to catch the snowballs I toss to him.  It's pretty adorable.

In other news, last week my oldest "sister" let everyone know that she is pregnant.  So happy for her, but the way she told me was very strange.  She called me and said she wanted to give me a heads up about something.  She asked what I was doing in August.  If I'd like to come spend a few days with her (she's a couple of hours away).  To help with the new baby.  I'm all.... what now?  She never came out and said it, so I had to ask her if she was pregnant.  To that she said yes.  She always has been a weird girl, but I love her.  Grr...

Like her sisters before, whenever they announce they're pregnant with their first, I send flowers.  Sent her these...



They reminded me of when she got married.  She was in a blue and white dress and they both had yellow flowers.  She liked them and called to thank me.  Said she couldn't remember the last time she had flowers delivered to her.

The boyfriend and I talked a little more about the future.  He said he's planning on proposing this summer after he moves in and can save some money for a ring.  I'm almost at the point where I say screw the ring... let's just do it and get on with things.  I'm not always good at waiting, and this latest pregnancy announcement has got me even more anxious.  Sigh... in good time.

I think that's all my news for now.  Gotta do this week's EndoPost soon, so that will be on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment