Friday, March 2, 2012

Looking Back

The ex and I have still been messaging, and it's been nice to be talking to him again.  He's moving in a few months and is in the process of finding a new job.  He has a working interview at a really nice restaurant soon, and yesterday he asked me if I remembered his first one in Birmingham.  I certainly do.  I remember a lot from back then.

I used to get so excited for and proud of him.  I got to watch his excitement when he was accepted to culinary school and then to his first cooking job.  We searched for that perfect hat for his first day and celebrated each time he got a promotion.  He came up with the most amazing recipes.  I'm really sad I won't get to be with him to witness and experience his career as it takes off.

Sometimes even now when I picture the future I can't see it with anyone other than him.  It still doesn't seem real.

No comments:

Post a Comment