Saturday, August 18, 2012

No rocking chairs, I guess.

The boyfriend's bearded dragon died yesterday.  He'd gotten him as a baby and had him for thirteen years.  Understandably, he was upset, but he seemed more upset by the fact that it bothered him so much.  Such a proud man.  He said that he gets in rare form when he's upset, and he did say something that's kind of been bothering me.

He mentioned how his step-father probably doesn't have much longer to live and that his mother probably wouldn't be too upset when he passed.  That absolutely shocked me.  He said they'd been sleeping in different rooms for years.  After talking more, he said that's how he viewed lives of older couples... that eventually they just get sick and tired of each other.  So I asked him, "You don't think that love can last forever?"  He said he did, but didn't really have much to say passed that.  I didn't want to come out and say, "So you think that's how we'd end up?" being only four months into our relationship and all, but he could tell that I was off after that.

I'm still off.

No comments:

Post a Comment