Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Pre Breakup

... or The Breakup Plan. I don't know if either of those are right, but I don't know what else to call it.

We went out to dinner last night and ended up in the beginning of our end. It started over drinks with him trying again to convince me to want to move away, which I know I won't. The main course arrived as we were acknowledging that we aren't going to be together in the long run for that reason and many others. The meal ended with us deciding to enjoy the time we have left together but realizing that a better offer (job, location, person) could come along at any time. Otherwise I guess we'll wait until our lease ends.

At the end of the night I felt okay but this morning I find myself sad. It's like we're closer now that we've been totally honest about everything, even though it was so difficult. It was a mutual decision that had been coming for awhile... from both sides apparently, which I learned last night.

Why do I feel so crappy?

No comments:

Post a Comment