Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tick Tock

I think I have a girl crush on this chick right here.  She's a strong lady battling endo whose blog I ran across a couple of years ago while immersing myself (well, more like reading and observing) in the online TTC community.  Earlier this year I fell behind in my blog reading and have been catching up on hers lately, although I'm only up to August right now.

Anyways, the more I read the more inspiring I find her to be.  While dealing with infertility and heartache, she decided to focus on her.  She swore off men for awhile, got herself back in healthy physical shape and pursued her interests more.

There's so much I want to try, explore and do, but fear always seems to get in the way.  And so does that damn ticking clock!  I want to hit the snooze button on the freakin thing.  I want to be able to pause it so I can do what I need to for me without worrying that my fertility (if I have any) is dwindling away.

The fear I'm currently working on.  I'm getting out and doing more things.  I'm gyming it up trying to get myself back in shape and physically feeling better.  But the voice way deep down that keeps pushing the "Marry a nice man and find out if you can make babies right now!" agenda is harder to work with and silence.

Hence the snooze button.

No comments:

Post a Comment