Monday, December 17, 2012

Does My Dog Count?

The other day at work, I was printing a receipt on our ancient dot-matrix printer and thought I heard the customer ask "Are you ready for Christmas?"  With the printer being so freakin loud, I wasn't sure if that was what she had really said, so I asked her to repeat it.

"Is your baby ready for Christmas?"

My reply?  "Um... my dog is ready."

"Oh, I thought you were the one that had the baby."

"Nope."


This happens all the time.  A girl left almost two years ago when she had her baby, and so many of our clients seem to think I'm her.  Even though I was there way before her and have been there way after she left.  It's really awkward each time too.  I love getting to say, "Nope, not me.  I don't have any kids."  All.  The.  Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment