Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bloggers Unite for EndoMarch: Week 7 - Three Weeks Away!

The topic for this week:  The Endomarch is three weeks away….How are you feeling about going? What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about!

The closer this event gets, the more excited I get!  They announced recently that Sheryl Crow will be performing, which is just amazing.  Hopefully having a big name celebrity will draw in more press and lead to more awareness.  I've already seen a few articles online talking about her involvement in the event and some info on endo, so yay!  Plus a free concert!  There's also an actress with endo lined up to be there, so there's some more press.  Pretty sweet.

I'm looking forward to being around my endo sisters.  I get so nervous in big crowds and I'm not sure I'll actually engage with a lot of people, but I am happily anticipating being around people who get it.  People who have been through what I have and know the kind of regular pain I've experienced.  Families who have supported their daughters/sisters/wives/mothers with the disease. 

I'm excited to hear everyone's stories.  I want to hear what the leading professionals in the field have to say.  I hope someone from the doctors office I want to go to for excision surgery will be there speaking.  I'm excited to see footage of the other marches from across the globe.  I'm thankful I have the opportunity to participate in something so big and important.

I won't lie... I'm also pretty stoked for the time off and away.  I'm taking a week of vacation from work, and it's much needed.  Gonna relax for a few days before the trip and am gonna visit a friend on the way back.  Thinking of hitting up an awesome sushi restaurant and a museum or two while I'm in DC also.  It should be full of all around goodness.

 http://www.millionwomenmarch2014.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment