Sunday, February 23, 2014

Options

I have a bit of a quandary.  It's nothing serious or life changing and is definitely another first world problem.  I got back a decent refund from my taxes this year.  I'm reserving about half of it to pay for my trip to DC for the EndoMarch and for a visit to the dentist for a cleaning, which I haven't had in about two years.

But I'm not sure what to do with the rest of it.  I was originally going to put it all towards my credit card but I'm not sure anymore.  It wouldn't make a huge dent in it and wouldn't take my payments down by much.  I've been thinking of other options since I rarely have a decent chunk of cash like this.

I could put it in my savings account and just sit on it for awhile.

I could save it to put towards a wedding/honeymoon hopefully later this year.

I could save it for a future laparoscopy should I need it.

I could use it for an online photography class I've been wanting to take for years. 

I could use it to do a little home improvement.  I really want to redo the floors.  The bamboo in the living and dining rooms is all scratched and the planks are separating.  I really hate the carpet in the bedrooms.  I would have to save more for all of that though.

I could get a king size bed with it.  Two grown adults and two big dogs on a queen does not a good night's rest make.

I could use it to open an IRA since I have no savings for retirement at all yet.

I could put it towards buying my own engagement ring for him to go ahead and propose with, haha!  But seriously, I actually considered it, lol.

Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment