Saturday, October 8, 2011

You never really know someone...

My mom and I had a girls day out recently and got to reconnect.  It was really nice.  She ended up opening up about some things that I'm not sure what to think about right now.  Christmastime is our favorite time, and we went to the store that starts setting up crazy early.  She mentioned how my step-dad isn't crazy about the holiday and doesn't want to put a tree up this year.  She then said that she thinks his divorce from his first wife happened around that time of year.  Totally understandable reason, right?  NOOOO!

When they first met, he told my mom that his other wife had died from cervical cancer, and that's what we have believed this entire time!  WTF?!?  Mom didn't even hear the truth from him!  She learned about it when she was filing some social security paperwork for him a few years ago.  The person had asked her about his previous wife and gave her a crazy look when she said that she had died.  How awesome a way to find out is that?  Anyways, she wrote him a letter about that and some other things he'd said to her when they first got together, but they never talked about it.  So he knows that she knows, but they just ignore it.  Have for a few years now.  It absolutely breaks my heart that she's had to go through all this alone.

I just don't get it!  This man that is basically my father has been lying to us from the very beginning.  WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment