Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Offer Made!

This afternoon I put in an offer for House #1!!  I'm so freakin excited!  The realtor showed me the two houses as well as two others this morning, and #1 is totally the right one for me.  I met with the bank lady afterwards who got me pre approved, then went back to the realtor and signed the paperwork for the offer!  She meets with the seller this evening.  The house is priced very well, so I'm going in full price and asking the seller to pay closing costs.  We'll see!  If all goes well, we're aiming for a closing on May 31st.  Assuming I get the house, I'm trying to decide if I want to take June to paint (it needs a fresh coat) or go ahead and move in and paint after.  Oooh... what color??

And did I mention, awesome roommate from before the boyfriend is moving back in with me!!  She really has turned into a best friend, and we can't wait to be reunited, haha.  She and her boyfriend still aren't ready to move in together, so I'm probably gonna have her at least a year.  Which is good, because until I find a man who wants to move in with me, I'm probably gonna need a roommate from a moo-lah standpoint.  I could swing the mortgage if I lived on nothing but ramen noodles, but a roommate is much better.  And she's the perfect one.

I learned today that I have a medical bill that went into collections over a year ago because they had the wrong address for me.  That showed up on the credit report the banker pulled, but it never showed up on the site I use to track my credit... weird.  But, I called the collections agency and am getting that all straightened out.

I also got a very sweet message today from my guy friend from 8th grade.  March is Endometriosis Awareness Month, and I've been posting about it all over FB.  He didn't know what it was and did some research on it, then sent me a message offering his support.
"It's strange, I was actually just thinking about asking you about Endometriosis.  I had seen your posts about it, and I didn't know what it was.  I gathered it affected you personally somehow, but for some ridiculous reason I never assumed that you had the condition yourself.  I read a little bit about it.  I don't even know what I'm saying here, really, but I just wanted to reach out somehow.  I can't claim to really understand it and I'm sure I can't say anything that you haven't heard before.  Just know that I'm still here if you need me.  I care about you and I'm grateful we've kept in touch for all these years.  If you want to talk, need someone to listen, or just anything really, you know what to do.  I know this is a challenging time in your life for reasons I don't completely understand, but you've got one more friend over here, okay?"
How awesome is that?!?  Especially coming from a man!!  I got a lot of messages of support after I vented about endo on FB this weekend too.  I truly am lucky to have such wonderful friends!

Okay... gotta distract myself the rest of the evening so I'm not obsessing until I get the call... aaah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment