Thursday, April 4, 2013

Vacation Part 2

I just got back from a heavenly event... my first professional massage.  I got a neck, shoulder and back massage with a scalp enhancement and I feel like I'm still floating.  She worked out so many kinks and knots.  I could get used to that.

Back to the story...  I arrived in Charlotte still feeling a little emotionally raw, which was the perfect state to be in to meet my new "nephew".  He's about 11 weeks old and is amazing.  Apparently the male side of his dad's family have similar faces when they're babies, and he looks a lot like his uncle.  I caught up with his mom, my best friend, while he snoozed and then got to hold him for the first time when he woke up.  He smiled at me.  A lot.  I won't lie, I cried.  Just a few tears, but still.  My very best friend in the whole world's little one... it was amazing.  She is so happy, and motherhood really suits her.  A few of those tears were total jealousy, but I think I played them off.

Her hubby arrived home a while later, and we all went out for dinner (more sushi!... I never get tired of it).  We had a How I Met Your Mother marathon while we chatted and played with the baby that evening.  The next day we made breakfast, went out for errands including Babies R Us (I stayed on the Toys R Us side where I tried on a pink spiky bicycle helmet and totally embarrassed myself in front of one of the employees... my face was bright red!) then out for lunch (chicken and waffles!!) and a few more errands.  It was perfectly boring and I didn't have to think about a thing about life.  I wandered as they shopped and kept the baby entertained in the car.  It sounds dreadfully boring, but I actually enjoyed it.  It was just nice to be out of my routine life.  We got food to cook for dinner and I picked up some...



I love Leinie's but had never had this kind before and figured I'd give it a shot... pretty good and I'm actually drinking another right now!

We finished the evening with a movie and headed to bed.  That night I drifted off to sleep to the wind chimes outside the window and awoke to them the next morning... it was just lovely.  Her hubby was up and out early, leaving us time to really get to talk.  We talked about life and love and high school and regrets and the future.  I miss her.  I started on the five-hour trek home around one and got all my loud and reckless singing in.  It was fantastic!  Even with all the road construction, slower speeds and "One Lane Road Ahead"s.

I arrived home to no boyfriend, but happy to see me pets.  I unpacked and caught up on other emails.  The boyfriend got home from work around nine and didn't show much enthusiasm to see me.  Although he doesn't show much emotion anyway lately, so can't win em all I guess.  We watched the finale to The Walking Dead and headed to bed.

I'm off of work until Monday and am enjoying being home.  The dogs are happily playing and the cat is snoozing in the little bit of sun we have shining through the windows today.  Time for a movie maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment