Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Delving In

Gotta get something out. Just gotta get it down, and it will work itself out. That’s the way it usually works anyway… really hoping it will again now. I’m not sure how to go about it now though. It’s a little trickier this time around and must be handled delicately. This hasn’t been in the form of pen and paper in quite awhile, and it feels really inspiring to get back to it. I remember back when this was the only option and just how much it helped. Here’s to it helping again now.

Here’s to spilling beer all over the paper! Geez…

Wasn’t anywhere close to legal drinking age the last time around. So much has changed in these… wow, almost ten years. Maybe this is an example of life coming full circle. Maybe it’s reverting back to old ways. I’ve been doing that a good bit here lately anyway, and I’m not too sure why. Life’s been different these past few months, and maybe this is how I’m dealing with all the changes.

I’m completely off topic from my original intent of writing, but I think this is helping me get back into the rhythm of it. Just noticed I’m writing with a slight upwards slant… supposed to mean I’m more of an optimist, but I’ve never considered myself to be. Am I unconsciously turning into one? That would be kinda nice actually. Always did want to be one of those “half full” types. I’ve always been leaning towards the emptiness or at least seated firmly on the fence. Things would be much easier if I could always be looking at the sun. But can you keep that up forever? Maybe not constantly, but more of a realistic generally. The lines have evened out now… just talked myself down, I guess.

So, almost a page now… do I feel any better? I’ve had introspections on several differing topics since starting, so maybe that’s what I’m meant to achieve this time. I haven’t resolved anything or even discussed what I originally set out to. I do love writing obscurely… obscurely… is that the word I’m looking for? It always seemed to help no matter what I was writing about. I’m kind of hoping that this becomes a regular thing once again. Gotta get something out.

(June 2, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment