Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cookies and Conundrums

The mix-up
I just made some cookies. They didn’t turn out too great. I’m better at cakes and brownie pudding. I was originally going to halve the recipe, but I’ve been a bit spacey today and ended up halving some of the ingredients but not others and had to make the whole batch. And somehow I added balsamic vinegar?!? I figured a little more sugar might counteract it, so in went some more of that. The first third into the oven were very thin and flat, the second oddly shaped and a little over done, and the final dozen were damn near perfect. They all taste good though.

The husband and the roommate are gone, so I got to fail at these cookies in peace. They’ll eat them when they get home no matter what they look like. Well, the roommate will. The husband and I are starting to try to eat better, so he may wag a finger at first, then eat one or two.

I bake when I’m stressed. The uncertainty about everything continues, and I don’t know how to get past it. I know what’s needed of me but I can’t bring myself to do it. I guess I’m still waiting for the ultimate to happen so I may justify not doing it a little more. Will that really work though? Is the ultimate destined to happen? If so, is it anytime soon? Would it be justification anyway?

Ugh… I ate too much cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment