Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Husband

Humoring me as I play with the panorama on my new phone.
I’m pretty sure I have the best husband in the world. I was just reading a forum where the ladies were sharing stories about how their husbands will go off on them about the smallest things, and I realized how lucky I am. My husband is very even tempered and doesn’t really sweat the small stuff. I, on the other hand, do tend to. Not that it happens a lot, but I do fuss about some little stuff sometimes… his beard trimmings in and around the sink for days (I refuse to clean those up), drinking all the milk/juice/tea except the last little bit and putting the near-empty container back in the fridge, leaving the kitchen a mess, etc. I usually try my hardest to be nice about it, asking politely if from now on he’d do it differently, but sometimes it doesn’t come out sounding like that. Sometimes it’s a passive aggressive sarcastic remark that slips out.

He never fusses at me over stuff like that. Never. I’m sitting here trying to remember a time when he did, and I can’t think of a single instance. How lucky am I? I think I forget that and take him for granted sometimes. I guess occasionally it all just builds up and has to come out one way or another, and I focus on that and don’t think about all the wonderful things he does for me. I guess that’s human though. Gotta work on being less human then. Wait… no. See previous post… spacey today!

No comments:

Post a Comment