Monday, March 14, 2011

My Perfectly Boring Yesterday

The weekend ended a lot better than it began.  Yesterday was damn near perfect.  It started with sleeping in and waking up to loving puppy kisses.  How could that not mean it would be a great day?  The husband and I lazed around for a bit, and when the roommate awoke we all went to the grocery store to get the necessary items for the chicken wing feast they'd been planning.  We walked out of the store with about 50 wings and three bags of chips.

Once home, the boys started the marinating process then disappeared into the man cave (roommate's room) for beer and football on the Xbox.  I called up the parents and returned some emails.  Very relaxing.  After they each won a game it was time to cook, which meant time for the house to get totally smoked out.  Once the wings were done and the smoke had cleared, we enjoyed traditional buffalo, honey mint, dijon habañero and fish sauce wings.  Sounds disgusting, but the fish sauce ones were the best!  


After the meal we watched a movie then spent the remaining daylight hours in the back yard playing horseshoes.  I kicked ass.  When we could no longer see and didn't want to risk beaning each other or the dogs, we headed inside for Wii bowling.  We spent the rest of the night talking and watching the Food Network.  It all ended when we refused to let the drunk roommate drive to Taco Bell and he went to bed.  The husband and I watched Anne Burrell win her episode of Chopped and turned in ourselves.

And that was my fantastic day.  It may sound a little boring, but it was just what I needed.

Today I went to wonderful lady doctor's office and got my 7DPO blood work done.  I was in and out in about ten minutes.  Lots of preggo bellies all around, but luckily I didn't have to see them for long.  They said I should get a call with the results, but to call them in a week if I hadn't heard anything.  That seems a little long, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment