Sunday, November 13, 2011

Will the mourning process ever end?

I really, really miss the ex right now.  Maybe just because I've been immersed in things directly and indirectly related to him lately.  I've had my wedding gown for sale for awhile, but I went through our wedding pictures recently to get some of me in it to better show how it fits.  That brought back a ton of memories.  Yesterday I took pictures of my wedding band to put online, and this week I'm putting my engagement ring in an estate jewelry consignment store.  Yesterday afternoon I went over to the new boy's house to watch football and have a few beers.  We ended up getting pizza and wings just like the ex and our old roommate would on weekends.  I got really sad.  I really missed it.  Even as I was sitting with the boy.

I miss how the ex would put his culinary degree to work and come up with the most delicious creations.  I really miss the ribs he made.  I miss making breakfast for him in the morning.  I miss how excited we'd be to see each other after he'd worked a 48-hour shift.  I miss the notes we used to leave for each other.  I miss him genuinely smiling at me.  I miss that feeling of security with him and knowing that I had found my true love.  I miss him telling me how he wanted to have a family with me.  I miss the promise of the future we were going to have together.

I don't miss being in Mississippi.  I don't miss the insecurity I felt when I was there.  I don't miss being able to feel the distance growing between us.  I don't miss how we'd tiptoe around each other.  I don't miss the wondering why in the hell he wouldn't have sex with me. 

I like how I feel about myself now.  I like how I've learned about myself and others and have opened up to the world more.  I like how I've done things I never thought I'd be able to.  And to be shallow, I really like the feeling of having several guys interested in me.  I like feeling sexy again.  And I really like having sex again.

Everything else is just going to take more time.  Like always.

No comments:

Post a Comment