Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Not Tater! A Tiger!

Got a unique call at work yesterday.  This is how it went down:

Me:  Thank you for calling ____.  May I help you?
Crazy Lady:  Yeah, I got this tater that I need to get looked at.
(What I heard was "tater", but I wasn't quite sure if that was right.)
Me:  You have a what?
Lady:  A tater.
(Figured I'd just go along with it and figure it out as the conversation progressed.)
Lady:  I need to get my tater washed and cleaned up.
Me:  Okay, have you been in with your pet before?
Lady:  No.
Me:  What kind of dog is Tater?
(My best guess.)
Lady:  No!  Not Tater.  It's a tiger!
(Okay.)
Me:  A tiger?
Lady:  Yes!
(Rolling with it being as nice as possible....)
Me:  Well, ma'am, I'm sorry but our facility isn't set up for tigers.
Lady:  It's not?  You can't bathe him?
Me:  No ma'am.
Lady:  (Sounding very disappointed)  Oh....
Me:  But good luck!

She had sounded pretty out of it, so I figured she was on something or trying out a really weird joke.  I had to post something about it on FB because it was just too good not to, and I got this as a comment from a friend:

"It's really funny you posted this because one of my other friends just posted that ____ County animal shelter was going to pickup a tiger while she was there...lol!!!"

After the call I had done a *69, and the number was actually from that county.

No other info yet, but interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment