Friday, December 2, 2011

Is the world trying to tell me something?

And if it is, what does it mean exactly?

When the ex and I were trying to get pregnant, we both agreed on the name Ellie Marie for a girl.  Ellie because I liked it, and Marie was his mother's middle name.  Pretty name, sounds good, kind of unique although Ellie is getting more popular.  Anyways, that was going to be my little girl.

Before heading to work today I checked Facebook and found this status from my preggo walking buddy:  "Ok, so we finally picked out a name, we can officially start calling this little girl Ellie Marie, it's a little different, but he said that Ellie was the name that jumped out at him and made him smile and Marie is after my grandma Hannah Marie. So she's got a little history with her own uniqueness :)"

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!  Not that I was going to be using that name for a future daughter anymore, but come on!  I stopped breathing for a second from shock and disbelief.  We talk about a lot, but we'd never discussed what we had chosen as our future kids' names.  How weird is that?

Obviously it's just a huge coincidence, but it certainly didn't feel like it at first.  All I could do was wonder what the hell it was supposed to mean?  It felt like it was too much of a coincidence to truly be one, so was someone trying to tell me something?  Logic has since kicked in, but it's still strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment