Friday, April 13, 2012

Ready to love again?

When the ex and I were together, we followed up on major life choices pretty fast.  Once we made our minds up about something we just went ahead and got the ball rolling.  No use in waiting.  Well, we talked the other day, and he wants to try to work things out between us and ultimately get back together.  Those were the words I'd been waiting over a year to hear.  I really didn't think they'd ever come, so I hadn't really thought about what I might say if they did.

I've decided that I'm open to it.  I know I still love him, but can I fall in love with him again?  Can I learn to trust again?  Can I accept that it's possible I may get my heart broken once more?  Can I let go of that fear and fully embrace the possibility that we could live happily ever after?

I knew there was no chance of even possibly starting to make any kind of real decision without us meeting face to face, so we decided to try to do that next month.  The only problem with that is that I'm ready to pull an us and go ahead and do it.  It's driving me nuts knowing that it's going to be a month before it happens.  I'm not so good with waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment