Friday, April 25, 2014

Pain Update

The Vicodin didn't work.  Like, at all.  So Wednesday morning I called the doctors office and requested something else.  That night right before they closed they called to say they could offer me a prescription for Percocet if I wanted it.  Yes, I'll try anything!  So the boyfriend raced me over to the office before it closed, and never have I had so much trouble walking.  A turtle probably could have passed me.  Anyways, I've been on it for two days now, and it does help a little more.  I'm still supplementing with ibuprofen, and together they take most of the edge off.  It still hurts to walk, especially if I'm a little late taking the meds, but for the most part it's a lot better.

One of my very best friends was in town yesterday with her son and stopped by for lunch and a nice visit.  We hung out for a few hours before they headed out.  It was so nice to see her.

I've been attempting a few work at home online jobs, and so far I've made a whopping three dollars... wooo!  Maybe once I get qualified for a bit more I'll have some better paying days.  My manager at my actual workplace talked to the big boss about me getting temporary disability, but he didn't say anything.  I was researching that all morning and didn't find much.  I'm thinking it's probably not gonna happen.

That's about all my excitement.  It's been nice to have the opportunity to stay home and rest, but I'm getting a little cabin fever now.  When the meds are doing their job, I could potentially attempt to drive somewhere, but it's really not worth it.  I can't do much walking wherever I'd decide to go.

I feel pretty worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment