Saturday, August 21, 2010

Subject: Excited


How awesome is that? I broke down sobbing very loudly when I read this... thank goodness the husband and roommate were both at work. I wanted her to say it so badly yesterday. I was so disheartened after getting off the phone and have been over thinking it all day today. Of all the people in the world, I’ve wanted her to be happy for us. We moved far away and it’s been hard not being able to just drive across town and talk to her. I’ve felt like I disappointed her many times throughout my adult years and I so didn’t want this to be added to the list. I think that’s why I hadn’t told her we’ve been trying to get pregnant until now. I was so scared I’d get the reaction I got yesterday.

I don’t know whether she truly feels this way or she feels she should, but I’m not going to question it. Who am I kidding, of course I am! What mother whose child is closer to thirty than twenty wouldn’t be happy to hear she may have a grandchild soon? I could understand if I were in a bad relationship or married to a guy she couldn’t stand, but I’m not and I’m not, so she’s got to mean it, right? I think I’m over thinking it again. I dropped a bomb on her yesterday and she was surprised, she’s had time to think it over now and is excited. That’s all. That’s what I’m choosing to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment