Monday, November 1, 2010

Things we made this weekend...

 










Friday we carved up a pretty pumpkin face. Or not so pretty. We wanted to create our own "puking pumpkin", and I think he turned out pretty well. The husband and the roommate each did an eye, and I did the nose and mouth. I definitely got the easy part, as the eyes proved to be quite difficult. We sat him out on the front porch, and apparently he had a little too much fun overnight. We woke up the next morning to a not so pretty sight. I guess he and his pumpkin friends had a little party. Looks like we missed a good time.












Saturday evening I got to baking again. I'd seen some pictures of braided challah bread and wanted to give it a try. The recipe was for two loaves, but I decided to make it one ginormous loaf. I chose a basic recipe for my first attempt, so it didn't have a lot of flavor but it looked beautiful! It rose up so nicely and was perfectly fluffy on the inside. Oh how I love when baking experiments turn out well!















Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment