Sunday, May 8, 2011

Making Progress

I feel really good!  I had my second therapy session yesterday, and my lovely therapist lady felt I came a long way in a short time.  My first appointment was two weeks ago, and I was in tears pretty much the whole time.  Yesterday I only teared up once or twice, and they didn't stick around for very long.  Last time we set some goals for me to work towards, and she was kind of shocked that I had accomplished almost all of them already.  I was too actually.  She said I looked better, like I was happier... she even said I was glowing!

I've found some much needed confidence in myself the past couple of weeks.  I've realized how strong I can be when it's needed, and how turning to others when I can't be is okay.  It's not a sign of weakness... it's wanting what everyone wants, what people are meant to do... to reach out and make connections with other people.  I'm surrounding myself with positive people who help to build me up.  I feel very lucky to have so many friends that are so supportive.  They're helping me find and hold onto that confidence.

I feel better about myself.  I feel better about my capabilities and how I'll utilize them in the future.  I feel that as much as the situation hurts, I've learned a lot from it and will be able to use that in the next relationship and life in general.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that you are doing well and being built back up :)

    YOU CAN DOEET!xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your therapist sounds great, and I'm glad it helped you through that time.

    ReplyDelete