Saturday, May 21, 2011

Working Girl

I finally get to rejoin the workforce this coming week.  Bright and early Monday morning I will be getting back into the pet industry at my old job where I previously worked for seven years.  I didn't really want to go back, but no one else in town wanted me.  There's mostly new people working there and I know a good deal of the business, so I think it'll be a good thing for now.

I went in and talked to the new manager lady a week ago, and she was excited to have me but had to talk to the big boss man first just to make sure and talk about wages.  I stopped in to see him and some other people next door on the veterinary side, and he said not to worry.  I got the official word yesterday that I start Monday and will be getting paid at the same rate I was when I left almost two years ago!  I thought for sure I'd have to start out lower and work up the pay scale again, so yay!!

The best part about it?  New wardrobe!!  I gave all my old scrubs to Goodwill when I left (not that they'd even fit now anyway) so I get to get brand new ones!  They're so comfy and I look damn good in them.  Here's what's on order right now...


And tops with these prints will be after the first paycheck...

 


Adorable, right?  I know I am... haha.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Go Get em girl! Lots of luck with your job, and maybe there is a cute vet tech or someone, they are alot more passionate thatn a stuffy old doctor! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY adorable! :) Good luck on your return to work lady!!

    ReplyDelete