Thursday, May 19, 2011

"They" say...

One of those many pieces of advice you hear after a break up is that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.  Well, I haven't been taking that literally, but I have been attempting to speed up the process of getting over the husband by going out with someone new.

I went on a date last week.  With a doctor.  He's tall and cute, teaches and does research at a local university.  We went to one of my favorite restaurants and walked and talked for awhile after dinner.  Nervous as I was, the conversation actually flowed naturally and we got along pretty well.  I really liked him.  He hugged me goodbye and asked for my number.  He lives about an hour away and asked if I'd like to do something in his town next time.  Oooh... "next time"... that's promising, right?

A week passed and no call from my own Dr. McDreamy.  So today I sent him a text asking if he wanted to do something this weekend.  Hours passed before I got a reply.  He said he really enjoyed meeting me and had fun on our date, but the distance was just too far for him.  What the hell??  Last week he said he wanted to date someone from another town so that he didn't end up going on a blind date with a student or someone from the college.

Soooo.... either he realized that he really doesn't want a semi-long distance (but not really) relationship, or he really just wasn't that into me and wanted to spare my feelings.

Oh my god, am I really going through all this dating bullshit again?

No comments:

Post a Comment