Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bloggers Unite for EndoMarch: Week 9 - Last minute blog before the trip!

I absolutely cannot contain my excitement for the EndoMarch!  I've been thinking about it and planning for it for months, and I can't believe I'm leaving for DC tomorrow!  I want to attend the educational symposium the morning before the march and hope to learn a lot from the different doctors who will be speaking.  I hope to meet up with other women from Team NC to potentially march together!  I haven't heard, but I can't help but wonder the total number of people who will be gathered to march both in DC and across the world.  It should be a wonderful sight regardless.

I'm taking my nice camera to attempt to document the day.  I could have signed up to be a volunteer photographer for the event, but I'm nervous to see if any of my photos will turn out (aka... if I'm any good).  I really want to capture the feelings on different women's faces and am hoping to do so without coming off as a creeper.

I am so freakin stoked for everything.  I've been doing odds and ends today to get ready.  I cleaned my car and drug everything out to start packing.  I've got my Fight Like a Girl shirt, yellow socks and the Chucks with yellow shoelaces.  I attempted to decorate a yellow hat, but it turned out horribly, so had to scrap that.  I may make a quick stop tomorrow to try to find a yellow scarf or head wrap or something... it's gonna be cold Thursday!  The forecast is high in the 30s... geez.
 
I painted my nails...

I had some actual endo awareness decals from last year, but apparently they don't age well.  I had to hand paint the ribbon... a little rough, but works just as well :)

I'm being a dork and mapping out where everything is.  Luckily it's all in walking distance of each other, as my hotel is only two blocks from the National Mall.  Parking is four blocks from that and sushi is about three or four blocks from that.  (Yes, sushi is important.  I love trying sushi restaurants wherever I go.)  I'm not sure if I'll have time to do much sightseeing.  It would have to be at night, and as much as I've read that it's a safe area to walk around, everyone I know has got me freakin paranoid from all their warnings.

Anyways, EndoMarch or bust!

http://www.millionwomenmarch2014.org/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment