Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rants and Raves

Today is the boyfriend's birthday.  Last week I found him the perfect present on eBay and promptly committed to buying and paid as soon as I saw it.  It was marked as shipped Saturday and was expected to be delivered by yesterday.  No package yesterday.  I got home for my lunch break today and got all excited when I saw the mail carrier pull up.  No package for me.  So I went online to check things out and saw a tracking number had been added recently.  I clicked on the number to find that it had just been shipped yesterday.  What?!?  Grrrr....

So I calmly and politely sent a message to the sender asking for clarification.  A couple of hours later, I got this...



Notice the "y" in "apologyze".  And then a few minutes later...



First off, grammar please.  Secondly, sure buddy, I'll be sure to let you know.  Hope it's not an inconvenience if I forget.

Just aggravating.  I understand that things come up, but don't mark something as shipped and then actually ship it four days later.  So I got the boyfriend this as a stand in...


Yum!  I may or may not have gotten one for myself also...

He was perfectly fine with that.

That was my rant.  Now for my rave... the boyfriend said he just may move in with me sooner than this summer!  Maybe even pretty damn soon.  He's been renting this overpriced, junky little house but hasn't wanted to break his lease because the rental company really helped him get it in a jam.  But the heating/AC unit is pretty much dead and has been causing him to have $500 utility bills this winter, which he just can't afford.  They sent people out to fix it numerous times, but it just kept breaking.  They finally decided a couple of weeks ago that the unit is kaput and needs to be replaced, but they haven't said when.  The owner of the house has mentioned wanting to sell it and may do so "as is" and not replace it.  So the bf really has no idea, but he can't afford that high bill each month.

I've been trying to get him to move in since the roommate moved out, but this is the first he's actually really considered it.  He likes to think on things for a while, so it may be a bit longer.  But it's something!

I've enjoyed my couple of months of living alone, but I'm cool with that coming to an end.  We only really get to hang out a couple of days a week, and I get so tired of saying goodbye to him on "school nights."  I think I'm starting to wear him down.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment