Monday, September 20, 2010

A Proper Little Lady

♪ Backin up, backin up, backin up, backin up… cause my daddy taught me good. ♫ Sorry… it’s still in my head!

Play with me?
Just took our poochie to the vet, and I’m sooo proud of her! She and the husband were playing last night, wrestling and roughhousing like they love to do. At some point his wedding band hit one of her teeth and chipped it. It didn’t faze her at all, but the husband felt so bad! The vet said it’s fine and shouldn’t cause her any pain or problems in the future, so yay! She’s turning into such a proper little lady. She’s almost three, and I think she’s starting to get out of her puppy mindset and into an adult one. It used to be when I took her to the vet that she’d be all over herself trying to get to the other people and pets for attention and to play. Now she sits right next to me, sometimes stands up and walks around to sniff a little, and only goes up to people if they make the first move to pet her. Such a good dog! She was so stimulated while out and about today that she’s now exhausted and passed out on her bed. So cute!

In other news, I'm so excited about a possibility of moving back to North Carolina! We'll be here in Mississippi until our lease is up at the end of next May, but the husband has already been looking into places and chefs he'd like to work for next. He's mainly been looking at Portland, Oregon, which I think we would both really enjoy, but it's just so far away. Today a wave of homesickness hit him and he was talking about Asheville! I would llloooovvvveee to go back to my home state! Plus we have some military friends moving there in March, and I would love to be near them. I'm sure we'll both change our minds a dozen more times before it's time for a decision, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's North Carolina! Or at least close to it.

Now I’m off to make bread. The recipe is for honey white bread, but the husband is all about sorghum right now, so it will be sorghum white bread. Gotta start cleaning up the house too. The roommate has three friends flying in on Thursday to stay with us until Sunday. I have no idea where we’re going to put them!

No comments:

Post a Comment