Monday, September 12, 2011

Blessingway

I had a wonderful experience yesterday... one of the best in my life, I think.  I went to a Blessingway Ceremony for my preggo road-tripping friend.  She's due any day now, and her friends and family gathered to offer their love and support to her and this baby for the rest of their days.  It was incredible to see all these amazing women creating such a circle of love.  I got emotional in a good way.  I teared up as we went around the circle and everyone offered blessings and expressed how much they cared and were so happy and proud for her.  

They told stories of their experiences with childbirth and offered advice.  I was overwhelmed by what a spiritual experience it was for so many of them.   We each gave her a special bead that will go onto a "power necklace" for her to wear during labor.  We took turns washing her feet in a bowl filled with essential oil scented water and flowers.  It was beautiful.  I felt peaceful and empowered.

I won't lie, I was a little jealous but more so I was truly overjoyed for her.  Her husband stroked her hair throughout the ceremony, and I was so happy that she has someone to love her like that.  They're going to be an incredible family.  Technically I'm already an aunt, but this will be my first real-feeling niece or nephew.  I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment