Sunday, June 16, 2013

About A Boy

My life feels like a series of peaks and valleys lately.  The past few weeks (and maybe couple of months) have been an unpleasant cycle of many ups and downs.  Friday morning I was still down from the day before, but my spirits seemed to lift by closing time.  Yesterday was good, as was last night.  I've had the house to myself this weekend, and it's been nice to have a little quiet time.

I have been talking to a boy this weekend, and I'm hoping that's not the only reason I'm feeling better.  I'd like to think I'm picking myself up by the bootstraps, but it is always easier when there's a guy showing interest.  And I swear... this guy could be my guy.  I've known him forever and he's never been anything other than supportive the entire time.  Maybe that's because he's 1,200 miles away and I've haven't actually seen him in ten years.

I've probably mentioned him and our story here before... he's the guy I met online when we were both 12.  Sounds kinda creepy, but it's really not.  We started talking in chat rooms, then emailed all through high school.  We finally actually met when we were 20, but I was a virgin who was pretty terrified of guys, so nothing ever happened.  We stopped talking when we were about 25 which is when I got married.  Then he found me on FB this past December and we caught up on there.  Since the split with the ex-bf, he and I have been texting, but have yet to have that first actual phone conversation.  We used to be able to talk for hours on end.  I kinda miss that.

These past few months I've discovered he seems to be the same sweet, sensitive guy he always was.  He tells me I'm still the pretty girl he met all those years ago and is always offering support if I ever want to talk.  We haven't really gone into any detail over what's happened over the past few years, but he knows I'm now divorced and about the endo.  He's the guy who suggested the pact of getting married if we were both unhitched at 30.  I keep "teasing" that he needs to move here, but I really do wish we lived closer.  I think he and I would really hit it off if given the chance.  How awesome would our story be if he did turn out to be the one?

No comments:

Post a Comment