Wednesday, June 12, 2013

More Progress

My current horoscope from Real Detroit Weekly:

"Now that the pressure is off you're beginning to pop back into a reality structure that has as much room for you as it does for everything else. The short form on that would be: you're returning to the place where you have room to breathe. The creative spark has yet to be lit on the flame that lights the way to the next thing. At this point your main task concerns the need to be human. Sunlight, water, and enough earth under your feet to keep you grounded; combine these with the things that give you joy and that's where your heart needs to go for the next two or three weeks." 

Once again, this seems spot on.  Crazy.

The Sunday play date with the ex threw me off for a day or so.  We had a fantastic afternoon... we drank, had dinner, had sex and he was more affectionate than ever before.  I guess the absence made his heart a little fonder.  It was a great time.  Then he got drunk and did the woe-is-me thing.  Somehow we got on the topic of kids, and I asked him flat out about it, but he said he thinks his ship has sailed for that.  He was saying how he's got nothing to offer anyone and will be alone forever.  I honestly didn't know what to say to him, but I felt awful.  I felt after the great afternoon we'd had that maybe we could work it out down the line.  But I keep telling myself that that's probably not the case and that I need to move on.

So I've focused on the house.  I had my sister over Monday evening for my first full home-cooked meal in the new place.  Last night I hung up a towel rack and spackled some walls.  Today I finally hung up my pictures and artwork, which really do make it feel more like I belong here now.  I broke out the lawn mower again and used my new weed eater for the first time this afternoon.  Then I was stupid and started to dig a huge hole in the yard for the pup's new mini septic tank thingy in 90-degree weather.  I kept hitting rocks and roots which made it very difficult.  I lost my shade about halfway down and am now waiting for it to cool off to finish the tiresome digging.

I'm exhausted.  But I finally got Internet today (yay!) and am now taking full advantage of it.  Tonight, the roommie and I are planning on cooking our first dinner together since moving in, but she's currently on the phone with her boyfriend discussing important issues that may determine if they stay together or not.  Awkward.  I hope they work it out but I hope they do it fast.  I'm really hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment