Friday, June 21, 2013

Random Pics & Adventures in Lawnmowing

Overall it's been a decent week.  Had my car professionally washed and waxed, and now it's all happily shiny and new looking.   Had some work done on the house and now it's all fixed.  There were only a few things left over from the inspection that the sellers didn't want to address.  Nothing big, but some things were kinda important and now they're all done!  Happy house.

And a happy me when I got a rose bush as a housewarming present from a previous neighbor... so sweet!



We had fixins for s'mores at work and had to take a break to make some today.


Yesterday evening I was out mowing my front yard and drew some attention.  See, this is my swirly whirligig lawnmower...



A couple of neighbors came over to look at it, exclaimed that they didn't know they even made those anymore and asked how it worked, haha.  One guy's mower was broken and he asked if he could borrow mine.  The other neighbor informed me after he left that he's a drug dealer and a thief!  That's just awesome.  He seemed very nice though and did return the lawnmower.  He didn't offer to sell me anything and didn't seem to be scoping out my house, so I guess that's a plus.  I am a little more nervous at night now when my roommate is gone 4-5 nights a week.  Nothing's happened these past three weeks though, so I'm pretty sure I'm fine.

Anyways, yesterday I mowed a lot of lawnage.  This is my back yard and I kinda like the fact that it takes all of five minutes to do...


Well, it turns out the previous owners used to split the responsibility with the next-door neighbors of mowing the common area between our two houses.  I initially wasn't going to mow it because I don't use it at all, but then I noticed everyone in the neighborhood mowing different common parts.  So, after five to ten minutes on my front and back lawns, I spent forty minutes picking up pine cones and mowing this...



Yeah, it goes back a ways on the left there.  And I did it all with my swirly whirligig!  Yay!  Not the yard I signed up for, but I'm keeping the peace with the neighbors and I got some extra exercise.  It's gonna suck when it gets really hot though.

No comments:

Post a Comment