Wednesday, June 26, 2013

One More Thing

I had a mini-meltdown today.  My roommate came home and told me that her sister wants to move down to this area.  She asked me what I thought about her sister and her baby taking her room, and her moving upstairs to the loft.  Actually she totally left out the baby part during the asking, and I had to confirm that this was the sister that just had a baby.

We haven't even been here four weeks, and she asked me if her sister and her baby could move in with us.  What the fuck??

It would only be temporary, but how temporary?  She said the three of them would eventually find a place to live together.  She had reassured me several times before moving in that she would be living with me for a year.  What happened to that??  She said she could arrange for that, and I said I wasn't going to force her to stay here.  Not that I could anyway, but she'd given me her word.

She went to the store after that, and I had to get out of the house.  I ended up going to my old house and hanging out with the dog while the ex-boyfriend was at work.  I just wanted to go home, and that place still feels like it.

I have a difficult time with change, and it's just one thing after another lately.  I'm just looking to find some normalcy again, and I'm having a really hard time with that.

I still don't know how to answer her question.

1 comment:

  1. No. The answer is no. That is too much to ask of a roommate, no matter how much you like her. You would be better off finding a new roommate over taking that on - too many people in a small house, and it would totally be tough to have a baby around 24/7 who wasn't yours. No way lady. Don't do it. You are allowed to say no.

    ReplyDelete