Sunday, June 30, 2013

Schtuff

The past few days have been pretty okay.  The drama at work lightened up a little Friday, mostly because one of the main drama-makers was off, and I jokingly threatened everyone else who was working that they'd better be in a good mood.  Boss-lady was off too, so that kinda helped.  She's been grouchy lately and has had everyone on edge.

Got a call from the ex-hubs Friday evening.  It was the first time hearing his voice in almost a year, which was nice.  I thought for sure I'd bawl my eyes out after the call, but I held it together.  Later that night I got a text from a friend of ours who was visiting him, and he said that they both missed me.  That one almost got me, but I stayed strong.  I didn't dwell on either and they actually kind of seemed like no big deal.  I'm sorta proud of myself.

Yesterday I went over to the old house and cleaned the carpets.  I first had to pick up the cleaning machine from the grocery store, and I'm sure they thought I was a hot mess.  I had just woken up from a nap and was still exhausted.  I was fuzzy and thinking and reacting very slowly.  I'm sure I seemed high as fuck to the customer service guy.  I wheeled the thing out to my car and was about to take advantage of the empty spot next to me to load it into the back seat.  But no.  Someone decided to pull into it, and I had to alter my course quickly, leading me to run the thing into my foot, which somehow sent the dirty water tank flying.  Luckily it didn't hit any cars.  So I had to grab that, put it back on, maneuver the machine into the narrow space between my car and the next, and get it into the back seat without scraping the other car.  All the while the wind was whipping around me, and my hair was swirling all over my face so I couldn't see that well.  What an unnecessarily complicated process.  To top it off, the lady that had pulled in and witnessed this entire thing got out of her car and kinda smiled at me like, "Ah, that sucks."  Thanks, lady.

Anyways, finally made it to the house and got started.  The ex arrived home when I was about halfway through and helped out.  Then we had one of our normal post-breakup evenings.  As always, it was very nice.  The plan for today is to go back and finish cleaning after he's got all his stuff out.  And if the cable's all hooked up at his new place by tonight, we're planning on watching the season premiere of Dexter.  I'm not sure I'm ready to let go of that man, and I'm not sure that's such a bad thing.  But it kinda is.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment