Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Love and New Obsessions

Yes, I am in love once again. My wonderful husband is still my number one love and obsession and always will be, but a new object of desire has found its way into my heart. It’s a camera. When the in-laws came this past weekend they brought their very nice Nikon, and my heart became all aflutter as I played with it. I’ve always wanted a really nice camera with a big lens that I could manually focus, and deep down I’ve always thought that if I had one I could attempt to be a photographer. I’ve had a couple of little digital cameras, but they’ve never held up for very long. And thinking that the nice ones were waaay too expensive, I’ve never even tried to entertain the thought that we could ever have one. Until now.

Of course I went online looking for one and found the perfect one. It would be expensive for us, but it’s not badly priced for what I consider a nice camera at all. It’s beautiful! I’m going to try to convince the wonderful, kind, generous, handsome husband I have (Can you tell he reads this?) that it could be a Christmas and birthday gift (my b-day’s in February) rolled into one that could probably be split with my parents. It could even count as next year’s anniversary gift (in May… a stretch, I know). I know it’s a lot and I totally don’t need or deserve it… I’m still not contributing any money to this family (although I'm applying for another job today… fingers crossed!) and the husband’s moo-lah will be paying for all the holiday gifts this year, including his… but a girl can dream.


Another new obsession that the rest of the household is sharing with me is The Price Is Right game on Facebook. All three of us log in on our respective computers and play together online. It sounds really dorky, but it’s freakin fantastic! The husband and the roommate continuously bash each other on the general chat, but it’s amusing knowing the rest of the people there are just trying to play a game and thinking “What the hell is wrong with them?”.

When your bid is the closest and you hear “YOU WIN! Come on down!”… wow, nothing beats it. That rarely happens because I’m constantly underbidding on crazy expensive items (I would never pay $3000 for one little chair), which makes it that much better when I actually do get it right. Then I win a pricing game! Then I win the showcase!! Oh wow, I just won $50,000 worth of pretend cash and prizes! Well, that’s only happened once, but it TOTALLY rocked. Am I a dork? I don’t think so because The Price Is Right is the best game show ever, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment