Monday, October 4, 2010

Welcome Autumn

I think the fall is a little bit magical. There’s something about the air getting a little crisper that gives me hope. The oppression of the thick summer air has gone and has been replaced with a freshness that makes me feel that anything is possible. This time of year always has a way of making me feel a little better inside, no matter what’s going on in life at the time. It feels like a new beginning, and I get excited about the future. When I picture that future now, I see it with children every time.

I see it with my children.

I see little ones in costumes hoping that the next house will give out the good candy. I see tall piles of leaves being scattered about as a belly flop lands right in the middle. I see a big family gathering around a really long table, passing down the mashed potatoes. I see trips to Grandma’s and knowing that she’s going to spoil like crazy. I see all of us sitting in pajamas at the foot of the Christmas tree gently shaking a present, trying to guess what’s inside. All the cliché stuff I guess, but that’s what I want. That’s what I’ve always wanted.

I think of all of that, and it gives me something to strive towards. I know I’m going to have that one day, and it keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment