Monday, May 27, 2013

A Week of Lasts

Yesterday was an awesome day.  It was the last day off the bf and I will have together before going our separate ways.  We hung out, we played games, we grilled and drank and talked.  We got along really well the entire time, and even he said he wanted the evening to be longer so we'd have more time together.  I'm very sad now, even though I know it's for the best.  He asked me yesterday if I still wanted us to be friends, and I said yes because I really do.  Overall he's a pretty decent guy, it's just some of our core values are very different which is not conducive to a life long happiness together or raising children.  Anyways, we're gonna have puppy play dates and we're still gonna watch Game of Thrones together.  Maybe this will be a good way to ease back into being single, to still hang out a little instead of going cold turkey.

Today is my last day off before closing on the new house.  This was the last morning I'll sleep in here and wake up to the bf's cuddle puppy in my face wanting nothing more than to be loved.  In the new house though maybe my dog will want to sleep on the bed again since it'll be less crowded and maybe I'll get to wake up to him.

Tomorrow night will be the last night I drive home from my weekly dinner with my "sister" and look for lights coming through my front door window to see if the bf is still awake.  Only five more nights of watching basketball with him.  Only five more nights of laying on his chest in bed at night falling asleep to a movie.

I only want to remember the good things about being with him and let go of the bad ones.  I'm all lovey and extra sad about our parting today because we had sex yesterday.  I can't have sex without getting emotionally re-attached all over again.  I'm guessing that's why my "friends with benefits" thing with the guy before him didn't work out so well.  Anyway, whenever we have sex, the next few days we're all lovey and hands on, and that's gonna make this week even harder.  No more sex.  Which sucks because he's freakin amazing.

Moving on... today I must finish packing.  Most everything is already in boxes, but I want to take advantage of this last full day off and get all the rest done too.  Gotta climb up in the attic and drag down all the Christmas stuff.  Go through all the closets and drawers to make sure I haven't overlooked something.  Keep my mind occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment