Monday, May 6, 2013

♪ Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' ♫

There's something I've been wondering lately.   As much as I've gone on about needing touch and affection, am I going to be able to find a guy that feels the same?  I'm 30 now and will probably be dating someone also in their 30s.  In early and even mid-20s that desire to be close, to cuddle and all that jazz is usually still there.  Has that "novelty" worn off for older guys?  Do they grow out of it or do some still want that closeness?  Is it just a coincidence that the last two guys I've dated happened to both be anti-affection or is it most older guys?

I decided to do some research.  I inquired about a couple of my best friends' significant others.  One is 33, never married with no kids and has been dating my friend for two and a half years. The other is 29, married to my friend for five years, one kid together and another on the way.  According to both friends their fellas are very affectionate and always have been.  They offer it freely and not only when my friends initiate.

I also asked a couple of my guy friends about their affection habits and thoughts on the subject.  One is 30, never married with no kids.  The other is 30, married for 7-8 years with one kid.  Both are totally affectionate with their significant others.  They like hugging, kissing, cuddling and just general touching.  They like their ladies to feel safe and loved.

(Both also said they couldn't imagine someone not wanting to hold on and cuddle close with a pretty little thing like me, haha. :)  Totally their words, and I'll take em!)

So maybe it is just a fluke that I've wound up with unaffectionate guys these past couple of years.  Maybe I can still find one who will want to show me a little lovin unbegrudgingly.  I sure am tired of fighting nonstop just to get a hug.

1 comment:

  1. I actually think that the older guys are MORE affectionate, because they've let go of some of those hangups they had in their younger years. You will find that guy lady, I promise!

    ReplyDelete