Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Splurging

That's what I've been doing lately.  The month of May brings three paydays which means a little extra cash, and I've been using that for some new things for the house.  It sounds materialistic and stupid, but I'm so freakin excited about all this new stuff.  The thing is, I never buy new stuff anymore.  I have one pair of jeans and maybe three shirts right now.  I'm in my work scrubs (which I haven't bought new ones in well over a year) almost all the time and only put on real clothes maybe once a week, if that, and can never seem to justify new clothes shopping.  Anytime I want anything new I usually talk myself out of it because I don't really need it and I could put the money towards debt.

But I've allowed myself to buy some new things for the house.  Most of them really are practical things that I'll need, but feel exciting because they're brand spanking new.  Things like a new coffee maker, a mattress cover and a weed whacker.  And some pretty shower curtain hooks and a beautiful, expensive looking (even though it really wasn't) soft, linen shower curtain liner.  And a wireless router.  Boring stuff, but I can't wait to break them out of their packages and set them up in the new place.

Two big things I did buy just because I wanted them though.  The first is a pair of bar stools for the soon-to-be-mine breakfast bar...



The second is a beautiful comforter set that I've been eying for a year and a half but could never let myself get before now...



Everything was bought online and has arrived except the second beauty, which is expected today.

My wonderful mother actually bought me something new too...



A brand new couch!  It's not the prettiest thing, as it looks like it's been sitting as a floor model for quite awhile, but it was 75% off and matches a chair I've already got.  I haven't had a couch of my own for a long time and am very excited to have some actual seating options in the new place!

New stuff for a new house and hopefully a new start once more.  It's gonna be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment