Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Guilty Conscience

I think one of the worst feelings is guilt.  When you know you've done something wrong and there's nothing you can do to take it back.  I hate that feeling.  I hate knowing I've caused someone else pain.  Even if it seemed okay under the circumstances at the time, it wasn't.  And I knew it.  And I feel terrible.

It happened well over a year ago and I had come to terms with it.  I had mostly allowed myself to actually forgive myself, knowing I would never do it again.  And I haven't since then.  But new light was shed upon the old situation today, and my mind went right back there.  Right back to when I did wrong and now I feel like shit for it all over again.  I feel like a terrible person.  I feel like karma's a bitch, and I deserve every bad thing that's happened since then.

Maybe I do.

Nothing like that will ever happen again.  The best thing I can do is enforce that and try to make the right choices in each tricky situation.  I don't want to feel like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment