Wednesday, May 1, 2013

House Inspection

It went very well!  The inspector was awesome and very thorough.  He pointed things out as he went along, and I learned quite a bit along the way.  There were a few little things that will need attention, but nothing major.  Going to ask the sellers to have a few of them repaired, mainly the things with the roof and in the attic, but a few of the others as well.  If they don't do the little stuff, it's no biggie.  A lot is mainly cosmetic.

Found out the heat pump was just replaced a few years ago, so that's one less thing to be worrying about in the near future.  The big appliances all work well.  The garbage disposal does not work, but that's not a big deal.  The structure is good, the big stuff is good.  Those are the main things I was hoping for.  The house is fairly new, and I wasn't anticipating much to be wrong.  So happy I was right!

I've got an appointment to set up the insurance next week, and we close in a month.  The current house is still filling with boxes waiting to be packed.  They've pretty much taken over the dining room.  I'll start packing one of these days.  The bf has packed a few things, and it's actually kinda sad to see them gone.  We're actually splitting up in a month.  I will miss him, but it's time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment