Thursday, June 9, 2011

Foolish Games

Player 1:  Doctor... educated, so should (using that term loosely) be mature.  Hugs me goodbye, asks for my number, and asks if I'd like to visit him for our next date.  One week later, no word from Mr. Smart Guy.  Oh, turns out I'm just too damn far away for his liking.

Player 2:  Navy veteran... nice guy, but no social skills.  Drives me flippin crazy before the end of the date.

Player 3:  Pretty country boy with a cute accent and nice tan... has been hurt in the past and understands what I'm going through.  Have a lot in common, mirroring body language, he hugs at the end of the date and sends a sweet text a few minutes later.  Text him this afternoon, days later, no reply.

Players 1 & 3... I very much like, but apparently the feelings aren't mutual.  Player 2... Of course this guy wants a second date, but I fib and tell him I'm not ready to date after all, but I'm really afraid I might tell him to shut his freakin trap five minutes into the next date.  That wouldn't bode well for our future.

So why do the nice boys I like act like they like me back, then turn all cowardly and forget their manners?  Why's it gotta be the social freak who calls?

This isn't looking promising.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh some men. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men are quite cowardly about things like that I find! It's just Sod's Law that it's the one you dont want that calls!

    At least you have the decency to set him straight right away. I can't stand being told "I'll call / text you" and then the big old silence - it's so stupid! What do they think you are going to do - make a scene or jump off a bridge!?

    Your Prince will come!

    ReplyDelete